Sunday, November 6, 2011

THIS IS A BLOG POST

WELP. Looks like I have a blog now. And I tried so hard not to... I thought it would be a nightmare for me to have a blog and not come off as unbelievably pretentious, so I really didn't want that to happen. But now I actually have to have one, so I guess I'll make the most of it!

First, the name. To avoid the aforementioned pretentiousness I feel I am contractually obligated to explain why I called this blog "Simple Tricks and Nonsense." It works in many ways - first, it sounds like a typical blog name, one that rolls off the tongue well and gives off a sense that the person writing said blog is at least somewhat creative. Second, it effectively implies that everything I post here could very well be completely nonsensical - whether it is or not is irrelevant, because its main function is to give me the freedom to say whatever I want (as long as it's appropriate for a teacher to view, of course). Most importantly, however, the name comes from something Han Solo said in Star Wars, which is objectively the greatest movie ever made.

Less important but still relevant is the background I chose - it's the album cover to Tommy, also known as the greatest album ever made by the best rock band ever formed, the Who (you'll find most of my opinions are facts). I highly recommend everyone in the universe check it out, but this blog is probably only reaching about 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of that universe so maybe that's a bit of a ridiculous statement. It's still true though.

Lastly, I am actually expecting this to be a fun little project for English class and I'm very interested to see how it turns out - despite being hesitant to get a blog at first, I think I owe that more to my own insecurities/nervousness about blogging and not so much to the pretentiousness of others, so I'm sure that once I get into the groove I'll have a lot to say. Oh well, what can I do? Here's a picture of a penguin playing a saxophone.

No comments:

Post a Comment